International Agriculture and Rural Development 50th Anniversary Trip For Alumni & Friends January 3-12, 2018
No other country like Myanmar
An Exclusive Small Group Tour Led by Cornell international agriculture and development experts: Dr. Marvin Pritts, Dr. Khin Mar Cho, and Alyssa Pritts. Tour membership is limited to 30 alumni, friends & students
Your Small Group Tour Highlights:
- Welcoming reception and dinner at the elegant Novotel Hotel where you will meet your fellow travelers
- Outstanding Burmese cuisine available at every meal
- Visit the golden Shwedagon Pagoda, the most sacred Buddhist pagoda in Myanmar at more than 300 feet tall, tipped with 5,448 diamonds, 2,317 rubies and a 76 carat diamond
- Perform a Buddhist blessing ceremony to commemorate the day of the week on which you were born
- Visit a soon-to-be World Heritage Site in Bagan consisting of more than 3,000 pagodas, many 1,000 years old
- Boat ride to visit the famous floating gardens of Inle Lake
- Conversations with farmers and on-farm visits
- Observe coffee, tea, banana, and mango plantations, along with other unique crops grown in this tropical climate
- Once-in-a-lifetime experience in a hot air balloon riding above the pagodas at sunrise
- Experience amazing craftspeople making fabrics, lacquerware, bamboo utensils, etc.
- Taste Myanmar wine and beer
- Closing reception at the historic House of Memories restaurant where Aung San (former president of Burma and Suu Kyi’s father) had his office
This devoutly Buddhist nation, with its dizzying array of golden pagodas and ancient temples, will not fail to surprise and enchant.
Dates: January 3-12, 2018
Cost: $2,800 per person, double occupancy, $300 single supplement. The optional balloon ride costs an additional $400. Please note this price does not include international airfare
To secure your place on this trip, a $500, refundable, deposit is required by Aug. 18, 2017 and full payment is required by Sept. 1, 2017.